Trade School Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES: Work with the Training Program Coordinator, General Manager and Trade School Director to provide administrative support to Extollo’s Trade School, including Level 1, Practicums, Alumni and Open House programs and help ensure programs are well administered and executed with excellence.
LEVEL 1 TRAININGS
● Promotion: With the Training Program Coordinator, prepare and distribute emails and flyers to promote Level 1 classes. Take photos and video clips of class in session to document student progress and achievements.
● Registration: Prepare registration materials and help the Training Program Coordinator with registration day set up.
● Materials and Supplies: Prepare materials for class; including coordinating the printing and compilation of training materials and classroom set up along with computers and PPT’s. Pick up lunch for training teams.
● Graduation: Set up the site for the graduation celebration. Prepare and organize materials, order food and drinks. Ensure the site is cleaned up post celebration. Manage the completion of post class surveys by students, oversee translation of surveys and upload completed surveys to the server. Manage the completion of thank you cards by students and ensure the timely return of cards to the US office.
● Database: Enter student information into the database prior to and at the end of class including;
○ Contact information and headshots (prior to class)
○ Final test scores (at the end of class)
○ Progress reports, written & practical tests, trainer evaluations and final practical work photos (uploaded to the server at the end of class)
○ Enter all prior week data into the database according to the database checklist by the end of the following week
● Tools, Equipment and Materials: Print and distribute training materials for US Trainers and students prior to training including;
○ Learning agreement templates, project lists, work/team assignments and schedules and Practicum supplements (if relevant)
● Planning: Attend pre-training planning meetings to gain understanding of Practicum projects. Attend Training Program Coordinator lead daily/weekly meetings with US trainers and students to follow project progress and support team member needs.
● Database: Enter timecard data into the database.
○ Enter data according to the database checklist.
○ All data for a given week to be entered and reviewed by the end of the following week.
● Quotes/Payments: Transmit quotes to and follow up on payments from sponsors/customers.
● Database: Update alumni information in database, including alumni membership status
● Event Coordination: Help to coordinate alumni events, including coordinating with food vendors, event preparations, guest speaker and activities development. Document event with photos and video clips.
● Event Coordination: Help to arrange open houses, including preparing and sending out invitations, maintaining the participants’ database, coordinating activities, managing the printing of marketing materials, setting up presentation stands.
● Miscellaneous Duties: Assist the General Manager and Trade School Coordinator with other duties as assigned which may include running errands, printing and preparing materials, filing, and communicating with trainers and/or students among other responsibilities.
● The completion of at least two years of university studies in education or business management or 5 years administrative work experience (Extollo training certification is a plus)
● Speak and write fluently Creole, English and French
● Have a good knowledge of the Google Suite environment.
● Have a good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Windows environment and Google Drive.
● Be orderly, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment.
● Possess valid Haitian driver’s license